Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chloe's 5th Birthday...Holy Crap!!

I can not believe that I have a 5 year old!! So many things are going to change this year and I'm not sure if I'm ready emotionally to handle them...just kidding we'll make do. I promised Chloe that when she turned 5 that she could have a "friend" birthday party and she could invite all the kids in her preschool. So we did just that and we had the party at Chicago Connection Pizza where Mom wouldn't have to clean up the mess...yay!! It was very hard for me to put the party together because of course she is a very girly girl and wanted a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party, but there were going to be boys there too and I wanted them to have a good time as well. I ended doing just one game and it was pin the jewel on Strawberry's crown and then for favors I just did little bags of candy...yes, I'm sure their parents loved me! However, like I was afraid of it just wasn't neutral enough because I heard about it from the boys...they're 5 they're going to be brutally honest. I do think they had a good time though because everyone left with a big, sticky, slobbery smile on their face...awwww good times!


Chloe right before blowing out her candles

Malia


Blowing out candles

Chloe and Olivia showing off their cupcake smiles

Beautiful

Chowing down

Easton and Yale...Yale is Chloe's absolute favorite, it's so funny!!

Noah

YAY...presents!!

The whole Birthday gang!
To my little, girly 5 year old princess...I can't believe how you've grown! I look at you and still see the tiny little baby you used to be, but at the same time I see this little girl who has shed all that is baby and turned into such a beautiful, spunky, independent, outgoing, friendly person. My hope for this year is that you take all that is you and run with it...you will be starting Kindergarten in the fall and I can't wait to see the school girl side of you. The side that has to deal with her own struggles on the playground or in the classroom and her own triumphs as well. Always knowing that Mom and Dad are right there if you ever need us to lean on or talk to. You will also become a big sister again! It will be so fun to see you welcome our new little baby into our home. It will be so different from when Hailee came home because you are much older now and actually want to help and be a part of everything...I can't wait to see that! We love you so much and have an amazing 5th year!! ~Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Kami Satterlee said...

WOW friend Look at you BLOG!YAY! It made my whole day, and you put my shower on there you sweet thing!:) So Funny that I ran into you yesterday, I was going to actually call you that day and see if you wanted to go shop for baby things! Then my day got hectic as usual and it didn't happen. Love all your posts, so cute your girls are beautiful and so adorable. I can't believe Chloe is 5!!! WHAT?!!