Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My last night at St. Luke's

After nine years at St. Luke's Regional Medical Center it was time to say good-bye. I think I will always remember October 6, 2008...it was my last night at the hospital and what a bittersweet night it was. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but when it came time to make that decision it was a lot harder than I thought. I was 18 years old when I was hired at St. Luke's and for a number of women I worked with I was like a daughter to them. They have watched me grow up...from dating Brian, marrying Brian, and then finally becoming a mom, they have seen it all. I will never forget all the memories I made at St. Luke's and I will never forget any of the friends either.
On my last night the ladies threw me a potluck and I made my rounds and said my good byes. I think the hardest part was taking down all the pictures on my locker and emptying out my mailbox. I still haven't put any of the stuff away from my locker. It's almost like it's still not real! I will miss the job, but mostly I will miss my family there at St. Luke's. For any of my co-workers reading this...Thank you for nine wonderful years of advice, support and most of all love. Remember don't forget to invite me to any get togethers...I will being needing the adult interaction more than ever!!
This is one of my co-workers, Ainslee, who had just had her baby a couple days before my last night. I got lucky and got to take care of her baby, Carlee on my last night of work.

2 comments:

Howells Fam said...

We'll miss you Dawn! Thanks for taking such great care of Carlee & me while we were there!

Cosmochick33 said...

Wow congrats to you it is hard to quite I know but I promise you get used to it quick!!! I still miss the interaction but it's nice to not have to worry about work. Let me know when you wanna hang out Brooklyn is in school wed and fri from 830-1130!Miss you!