Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our Anniversary!!




August 2, 2008 was our 5 Year Anniversary...I can't believe we've been married for FIVE years!! What I think is even more of a shock is that we have been together for TEN!! It is amazing to me how the time flies. Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday that we were graduating from high school...still young and not quite as mature or responsible as we probably thought we were and I look at our girls and think "who trusted us with children"? I definetely have started to not take anything for granted because before I know it it will be five more years and five more and I don't want to miss a thing!

To celebrate this awesome day my amazing husband surprised me with a trip to Seattle!! He had everything planned out so perfectly and I had ablsolutely no idea until we arrived at the airport and the lady at the check in desk said "so your destination will Seattle"! I was so excited!! I must say I was very imprest with my husband...good job Babe!! Brian made arrangements for Chloe to stay with his parents for a night and then his sister for a night and Hailee came with us because he knew that that was a little too far for my comfort to be away from the baby...again good job Babe! Once we were in Seattle we checked into our hotel and relaxed...the only plans we had were some reservations for dinner that night at a very nice restaurant in the Pike's Place Market area called "Il Bistro". It was very yummy. The rest of the trip we had no obligations or places to be; it was all our time and at our own pace. The change of scenery was nice and to leave all stresses at home for a night was refreshing. Since it was afterall both our anniversary I told Brian we should catch a game while we were there so the next day we watched the Mariners beat the Orioles and Hailee got to experience her first major league baseball game. After the game we walked around downtown Seattle and did a little shopping and just enjoyed each other's company.
It was truly an awesome 5 year anniverysary and I can't wait for many, many more anniversaries with this amazing man I get to call my husband! Thank you Babe for my surprise weekend...you definitely pulled one off...I love you!

No comments: