Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My first Venting...

Here it goes...is it just me or can mothering be the most frustrating job you can ever have??!! I can not stand how naughty my kids get when my husband leaves for his nice relaxing 48 hour shift (sorry babe, I know you would rather be at a busy station and this hasn't been your choice). I don't know if this time was just exceptionally bad, but it just makes me feel like I am doing everything wrong because when Daddy is here stuff like this doesn't happen. They pick on each other, they tattle on each other, they take each other's toys away, they pinch, they hit, they scream and yell, they sob, they are mouthy, I can go on and on and on. If they ever act like this when their Dad is around they get spanked and put in their rooms which is exactly what I do when he is gone, but at the end of the day they are still asking for Daddy. It is absolutely INFURIATING and tonight I have had it and am on the verge of tears right now...mostly because their behavior makes me lose my cool and I yell and spank and that is absolutely, positively not the Mom I want to be. I hope one day they will look back and not remember our rough days and can tell me that I was a good Mom, but I until then I guess I won't know. So...now that they are in bed I will take myself and let myself have a good cry and tomorrow...I guess we just try again for a good day. Kami you were right it does feel good to just get things off your chest...no sugar coating it! Good night everyone!!

1 comment:

Kami Satterlee said...

I'm glad you vented haha. I'm sorry your little chillins are acting up, that is my hardest challenge in my life is patience with Malia. I think at least we got the spankings pretty hard so now it's just a threat and the behavior changes haha but I know how hard it can be. Your a fabulous mom and there is nothing wrong with a nice straight to bed moment and a hot bubble bath for yourself:)