Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I trust everyone had a happy and healthy Christmas! We sure did! I absolutely love Christmas time!! It's like there is something in the air that changes and I love it...the sights, the sounds, the feelings...it's just magical! The one person we have to thank for that is Jesus Christ. He is the reason for the season and I feel so blessed that my family and I are able to have a personal relationship with him!

As is tradition our Christmas started on Christmas Eve at my Bampa and Nana's. We let the girls open their Christmas Eve gift here at the house (which was PJ's) then they changed and we headed over. My Bampa and Nana are my mom's parents so typically Christmas Eve is spent with my mom's side of the family. We always have a great time because it's so small (my mom only has a brother) and so you are able to visit with everyone and it's casual and relaxed! Here are some photos...

Christmas morning Chloe came in and woke us up early and wanted to go downstairs right away, but of coarse Hailee was still sleeping. We tried to hold her off for a while by letting her watch cartoons in our bed...however that did not last and so finally we let her go downstairs.
This year we started a new tradition...the girls will each receive three gifts because that is how many Jesus received from the wise men. I really hope as the girls get older they hold this tradition close to their heart, I really think it is important. On the other side they both have birthdays close to Christmas and they only need so much stuff.

When Chloe went downstairs she was so surprised to see that Santa had left her a big girl BIKE! She was so excited! She hopped right up on it and was ready to go. It was so cute! Hailee at this point was still sleeping and so we had Chloe hold off on her other presents and let her open her stocking! She could not believe that Santa would put panties in her stocking..."That is so silly Mom that Santa would put panties in my stocking!". Finally Hailee woke up and we finished opening presents and then had to hurry and get ready to go to Grandpa and Grandma's house (Brian's parents).

Again, as tradition we spend Christmas morning with Brian's family, we open presents and Brian's mom makes this amazing sausage bake for breakfast. It is so yummy, I crave this amazing dish all year and pig out when I finally get to eat it! Renae gave me the recipe as a gift at one of my bridal showers so that I could make it anytime, but I'm afraid that if I make it during the year it won't be as good on Christmas! The girls have such a good time opening presents with all their cousins. Usually Grandpa and Grandma get them one gift that is all the same and I know that Chloe thinks that is so cool! Hailee has gotten to experience that yet, but maybe next year. The afternoon is spent back at home taking naps! This is a must for my girls or things get too overwhelming and we have breakdowns and it just makes Christmas miserable. In the evening we headed over to Bapa and Grandma's house (my parents) for Christmas dinner and of course more opening presents. My girls are so spoiled and it doesn't matter how many times you tell my mom ENOUGH she never listens!
All in all it was a very good Christmas, and as usual it went by very fast!! We are so thankful for every single person in our lives and are blessed to be loved by everyone on you!! Thank you to everyone who sent a Christmas card. It is so good to hear from everyone and see current pictures of your families!! On that note we wish you a Happy and Blessed 2009!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Nice job on the picture posting. What cute girls you have. Looks like it was a fun holiday for your family.