Wednesday, March 3, 2010

28 weeks!!

A Chinese Cabbage...which is about how big you are


Hello my precious little angel!! It has been a while since I wrote about the pregnancy and to you. A lot has changed since that last 12 week post...the size of my belly being the number one! You are growing like a weed and must say you are definitely a mover and a shaker...however, could you please find another place to lay beside inside my rib cage?? I know the lung is a great foot rest and the rib cage is a very good protector, but it is mighty uncomfortable. Here is what Baby Center (my pregnancy Bible) said about you this week...


By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.



I love that your eye lids now sport eye lashes because that is the one trait that both your Dad and I have and we have past it down to both your sisters...who, I might add have the most beautiful eyes. I can't wait to see yours! We are so anxious to meet you...we are at about 2 1/2 months until D-day and it seems so close yet so far away. For Chloe it's like it's years away! A lot is going on in the house getting ready for you. We have to organize the play room and get all the toys up to Chloe's room, which will be Chloe and Hailee's room as soon as you arrive, so that we can move the computer and desk out of Mommy and Daddy's room so there will be room for your bassinet. Also, we have to integrate Hailee's stuff from her room into Chloe's room so that we can make room for all of your stuff that we will accumulate. CRAZY!! Our house is way too small for all of this, but we will make due. There will just be a lot construction going on as we make TV nooks and storage cubbies and all sorts of fun things!!



We had a doctors appointment this week...they drew blood for my glucose test and gave me a shot so that when you are born if our blood were to mix it would keep us safe. He also told me that my nice little hernia has gotten bigger and that instead of it probably going away after delivery I will definitely have to have it fixed...yay!! Then we got to hear your beautiful heartbeat...it is the most soothing sound for me...thank you!!



Well my love I must stop for now...although I could talk to you for hours...things must get done!! We love you so much!!
Daddy, Mommy, Chloe and Hailee

A look at Mommy's belly at 28 weeks

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Lookn good. how ya feeling? I hear ya on the request to vacate the rib cage. Gettin kinda tired of that one myself. Good luck on all the switchin and swappin to make room for your newest!